Friday, March 16, 2012

Linux? What is that...Never heard of it!

What do the following have in common:
  • Android
  • Wordpress
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Filezilla
  • Audaciity
  • VLC
  • and the list goes on and on
It's simple.....Open Source Software! Most users aren't aware these program are powered by OSS(Open Source Software). Open Source Software is very often developed in a public, collaborative manner. One of favorite Open Source Software is Linux. Many years ago when I was first introduced to Linux it was so foreign to me that I thought it was gimmick( was I wrong). At the time, I was looking for something different besides Windows. What I found was a world full of enlightenment, a journey, and now a career.

Android Market on mobile phones is popular platform that has endless Open Source Software for use. Along with Android many everyday devices are powered by some form of OSS.

So in your spare time, take a moment and journey into the world of Open Source Software.


Randall aka Da Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment